Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 05, 2005

They're Looking Up To Us


K, this is my niece. Isn't she a cutie? Anyway, she never fails to remind me that I'm setting an example. She's in that lovely stage where she repeats everything.
Just yesterday she went to the drawer where my dad keeps his keys and said "I've gotta get the keys so we can go ride the tractor. We gotta check the fields."
Now her favorite thing to do is ride the tractor with my dad. She was crushed when she realized he wasn't here, and she wouldn't be able to go for a ride, but we had a good laugh at her expense. She had my dad's words downpat.
The thing is that someone's always listening. Someone's always watching.
I Timothy 4:12 says Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Every aspect of our lives should be a strong example of Christ to those around us. There are millions of people out there just looking for something. Show them what they need. Show them Christ.

5 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Mike Duran said...

Great to see you blogging, Heather. Make sure to enable the "word verification comments" under the Settings / Comments section of the Dashboard so you won't get spam comments like the one above.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Storyteller said...

Great looking Blog, Heather.
Your niece is so sweet.
blessings, e

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Hi Heather. Scary reminder. I keep forgetting things like this.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Oh Heather. What a darling she is! And even if this post is a year old, they speak timeless words of truth! Thanks for sharing it with me. You're right; my post does echo yours.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

www0605


supra shoes
coach outlet store online
denver broncos jerseys
birkenstock outlet
michael kors
ralph lauren polo shirts
coach outlet
coach outlet
visvim shoes
cheap nfl jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home