Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Are You Making Trash?

I don't know about you guys, but at times I think about how pointless my job is. You see, I make trash. What do I mean? Well, you know those tickets on jeans and shirts? Well, I develop them. I make sure they print right. Now what is the first thing you do when you get the jeans home? You throw those tickets away! Talk about a thankless job!
Seriously, I like my job, but I have a daily reminder that earthly things don't last.
Matthew 6:20 tells us to "lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven."
How do we do that? We put our effort into winning souls for Christ. That's what's most important. So my day job might be making trash, but I hope my true life's work will have eternal rewards.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great blog, Heather! And great reminder that one day all we do will be tested with fire and only the eternal won't go up in smoke.

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Interesting thoughts.
So what does that line of thinking say about our writing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home