Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Okay, so I know this isn't a Christian song. But it's one of my favorites. Why? Because it talks about home. Home is special to me. I talk a lot about my family because they are some of the most important people in my life. And I'm not just talking about my mom and dad, brother and sister. I have a brother-in-law, a niece, a nephew and a soon to be sister-in-law. Not to mention more cousins, aunts and uncles then I can mention.
When I think about being home for Christmas, these are the people I think about. The people that God has blessed me with. Sure Christmas can get a little loud and crowded, but its wonderful. Its wonderful to have to step over people to find a seat. Its wonderful to search for a free space to eat in a living room overflowing with people.
Sure, we're not perfect. Far from it, but despite all of our differences, we love each other. We care about what's going on in each others lives.
So if you wonder what I'll be doing for Christmas, I'll be home. (Actually, I'll be visiting several places I consider "home," but you get my drift!)
No, Christmas isn't about snow (we hardly get any in the piedmont of NC) and it isn't about mistletoe (haven't found the right one to kiss yet!). Its not even about the presents. It's about love. It's about family. It's about the family of God. And the best part of all is that He has invited everyone to join in the celebration!
So join in, celebrate. Gather with your family. Whoever they may be!

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amen, Heather.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!

Don't forget about the extended
"adopted" family memebers. You know! Your favorites!

Love -
Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home