Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

CWO - In Other Words


I long to worship Jesus with the heart of a child, in a state of pure and true adoration. Yet so many things of the world cloud my thoughts and pull on my heart until it’s no longer just a girl in the arms of the Father”

~ Darlene Schacht ~

When I saw the quote this week, I just had to participate. I've been studying about worship this week. Since I don't have children of my own, I'm probably going to hit this topic from a totally different angle.
I started to think about my own actions as a child. Worship flowed freely and easily. And not just for Jesus. I adored my mom and dad. I idolized my grandparents. I wanted to be just like my kindergarden teacher.
And like Darlene said, my motives were pure and true. However, my childlike adoration didn't mean as much as my grown up respect. Let me explain.
When I was a little girl I loved my parents because they were my parents and in my eyes they could do NO WRONG. I've since learned that my parents are human, but I've also learned that they DESERVE my admiration. They really are great parents.
I think it's the same way with God. Sure I would throw my hands up with glee and sing my little heart out when I was a child. And I miss the innocence of those days.
But life has happened. I've grown older. I've grown more mature. I've gained responsibilities. And as the Bible says, I've put away childish things.
Now that isn't to say that I've put away worship. Please don't think that I'd ever say that! It's just to say that when I worship now, I worship with a heart of true praise. I worship from the depths of a soul full of adoration for a God who I KNOW. A God who has seen me through the storms of life.
God says when we come to Him, we must come as a child. A child who asks no questions but just trusts. But the Word goes on to say that we must grow in the faith. And the occurences of life are things that help us grow.
We just need to make sure that the things of life don't pull us away from the MAKER of life. There are still times that I throw my arms in the air and sing to the top of my lungs in praise to the Lord. It's just that now I have so much more to praise Him for!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

I always love your take on things... I defineately agree there is a time for us to "grow up".. we can't live on spiritual milk like babes forever! Though the older I get the more like a baby Christian I feel!

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to throw my arms in the air and sing at the top of my voice in praise too! Blessings.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Great comments, Heather. I love your heart of praise!

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raising your arms in worship -- I totally am with you on that and some times my feet just start dancing too *grin*...

But you know - sometimes life does wear us down, but we should never forget how huge our God is...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this week's IOW quote :).
Blessings on your day and always...

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Great thoughts, thanks for being a blessing.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Lori said...

"A child who asks no questions but just trusts." Amen, how I long to be that child....

Great thoughts here.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'm so glad that you joined in. The quote is true for moms and non-moms alike. You proved that. :)

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Becky said...

You don't have to have a child to understand what it is like to be one. Your post showed that you certainly understand a child's adoration of the father. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to have you join in IOW. Yes, to be child-like and worship Jesus without the preconceived adult ideas of how it should be done. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

good thoughts, Heather. I agree! I can't wait until my heart's motives are completely pure one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home