Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 11, 2005

It Only Takes One

Standing alone is hard. Even when you know you're standing for a worthy cause. There will be times in life when you feel like the only one doing God's will. Sometimes you will be.
I imagine that Elijah felt like that in I Kings 18. All of his people had turned to worshipping Baal, a false god. Now, there were hundreds of prophets for Baal, but Elijah alone stood for God. But though no man stood with him, he offered a challenge to the prophets of Baal.
He knew their false god could not deliver the fire from heaven. Only the one true God would be able. The prophets of Baal prayed and begged Baal to listen to them for a great portion of the day, and the fire never fell. Elijah prayed a simple prayer, and the fire fell and consumed the sacrafice, the alter, and the water around the alter. All the people fell on their faces and said, "The Lord He is God." One man's stand turned a nation of people to God.
Now there were some who didn't listen, even with the show of such a miracle. There will be people who ignore your stand, but remember it is better to stand alone with God then to stand with thousands against Him.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Spock said...

So, we'll stand alone together...right?!?! I think I'm back now, :) I'm going to start the Bible study blog this coming Monday. John & I Corinthians are tied right now...we need more votes!! I'd hate to have to choose! :) How are you???? BTW, I took a few to look back over your posts that I missed, see I told you you'd find stuff to write about! You're doing great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home