Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas Cantata Day!!

Okay, well the day has arrived. We are performing our cantata today at church. The only problem is that my dad (the choir director) and my brother (one of the soloist) got called to SC to restore power from an ice storm. At first we were like, we need them, they're two of the strongest male voices. I go to a pretty small church so when you lose two strong voices, it makes a difference. But then we started praying. Praying that God would work it out somehow. Last night we practiced, minus my dad and my brother, and it went fine. Now this might seem like a small thing to you, but its a God-thing to me.
You see, the cantata has a very powerful salvation message, and several unsaved people are going to be at church to see it. So we were worried that we wouldn't be able to carry the message in the right way. But we laid it at God's feet. He handled it. I heard voices from those men that I've never heard before. So I have a peace about the cantata this morning.
The whole thing is that sometimes things won't turn out in the perfect little way we planned. Sometimes things go wrong (at least in our way of thinking!) But God still has a plan, and Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Now, we prayed and felt led to do this cantata. A few glitches along the way are not going to stop God's purposes in our performance.
So I leave you today with the words to my favorite song from our cantata:

Lord, I need You, when the sea of life is calm.
Oh, Lord, I need You when the wind is blowing strong.
Whether trials come or cease, keep me always on my knees.
Lord, I need You. Lord, I need You.