Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Master of the Wind

As I've said on here before, I LOVE to sing. It's a huge part of my life. Even before I became a Christian, singing was something I loved, but after I trusted in Christ, it became more important. See, singing became something I could do for Christ. It became a way I could worship Him and serve Him. It became a way I could minister to those around me.
My life belongs to Christ. Whatever He chooses to do through me is what I want to do. Sometimes the road is easy and other times its hard. But regardless of the path, Psalm 23 says I never walk alone. Jesus is always right by my side.
I learned this first-hand during one of the toughest times of my life. Last January 4, I had to have brain surgery. Now in the modern day of technology, these types of surgeries are becoming more and more common. But when you are a 22 year old young girl, its a scary thought. I prayed that God would give me another way. Before I went to meet the surgeon, I begged God to change my circumstances. He didn't change them, but from the moment I met the surgeon, I had a peace like I'd never known before. It was as if Jesus whispered in my ear and told me, "Everything's going to be alright."
After that point, I really had no qualms. I came through the surgery and recovered very quickly. And since that point I've had very few headaches.
I look back on that time in my life as one of the most precious memories because it was a time that drew me closer to God. Was it easy? No. But things that make you grow are rarely easy.
So remember, Jesus is with you no matter where you are. He'll whisper, "Peace, be still" to your heart. All you have to do is ask Him.
I'll leave you today with some words from one of my favorite songs:

My boat of life, sails on a troubled sea,
Ever there's a wind in my sail.
But I have a friend, who watches over me,
When the wind turns into a gale.

I know the Master of the Wind,
I know the Maker of the Rain.
He can calm the storm,
Make the sun shine again,
I know the Master of the Wind.

6 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Fred said...

So glad the surgery worked out. Wow, that must have been very frightening at the time.

Thanks for sharing the song lyrics. How appropriate.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That's a really beautiful story of God's presence during a difficult time. I'm glad things have gone better for you.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Even when we think that God's plans are just not "right in the head", He so often proves his Kingliness and power by reminding us that no matter the situation, He is in control. Even if the outcome of the surgery had been different, your drawing close to God and others witnessing that peace was the greatness to be appreciated. That and the fact that you are still using your gift to honor God.

Thank you for sharing such a strengthening time for you with us.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home