Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 03, 2006

Changes...

I work in the ticketing area of a major jeans company. Right now everyone is in the process of changing their ticketing, and its pretty hectic (who knew that those tickets you throw away when you get your clothes home could be such a headache?)
Anyway, the major issue right now is that the marketing department will ask for one thing (a specific color/design), but when they receive the actual ticket, they decide they don't really like it. So they go back to the drawing board and tweak the color or change the graphic. Sometimes they just don't know what they want, which can be somewhat frustrating.
But the same thing I get frustrated with others for at my job, I do all the time. I want something, and I work to get it, but when I get it, it's not as satisfying as I thought it would be. The problem is that temporal things don't satisfy. A new shiny car will eventually be a rust heap in the junk yard. A brand new house eventually gets infested with mice.
I'm not saying this to make you think of doom and gloom. I'm just trying to remind you that the things of this world aren't permanent. Christians are to be striving for the eternal, not the temporary.
Jesus spoke about this in Matthew 6: 19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
The heart of a Christian should not be on the things that can be gained in this world. They will pass away. The heart of a Christian should be on gaining heavenly treasures that will never pass away.
Take a look at your life today. Where is your treasure?

4 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you implying my iPod will one day be (gasp) irrelevant?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Hey, you know what else is always changing? That picture of yours!!! :)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I have all my treasures right here at home. My family.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Treasures. I'm with Fred. My family. And my Lord.

But, I wouldn't mind a huge chunk of change right now to cover the bills. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home