Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What Will You Be Remembered For?

Right now in my Bible in 90 Days reading I'm in Chronicles. Chronicles is basically made up of geneologies. The book started with Adam and goes on and on down through the generations. Most of it is just a list of names, but here and there, comments are made on certain people.
Some of the comments reference someone's evil deeds, while others reference someone's good. Somewhere in the midst of all those names, I started to think. What will I be remembered for? Will people remember the good I did? Will they remember the bad? Or will I just be another name on the list?
Yesterday, I talked about how my life belongs to Christ. I don't want to do anything to bring shame to Him. I want my life to be a shining light in this world, just like He told us to be in Matthew 5:14. I don't want to hide that light. I want to hold it up for all to see.
I don't want to be remembered for evil things I may have done. So I'm striving to keep my life pure before the Lord. I also don't want to be just another name on the list. I don't want to be someone who sits on the sidelines my whole life. I want to be remembered for the stand I took for the Lord.
So, take a look at your life today. What will you be remembered for?

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said...

That was awesome....... I want to be remembered as .. A woman who loved her God, her husband, her children, the lost and the lonely. Who showed Christ thru the way she lived. Who faught the fight of faith, and never ran from the frontlines. A warrior.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I'd like to be remembered for many good things. Ultimately, history, my family and God will judge.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home