Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Good Things Are Worth Waiting For

I've spoken before on here about my parents and grandparents. They are my heroes. They've always been the best Christian example one could want.
Just this past Friday my Grandma and Grandpa Smith celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary. 55 years. I can't imagine. Grandma always tells me to make sure I find the right one before I get married. She constantly reminds me that the "right one" is worth waiting for.
Sometimes in life its hard to wait for things. But when I look at my grandparents and see how happy they are after 55 years or my parents who are more in love today then they were when they got married almost 34 years ago, I know she's right.
I want that type of marriage. I want the kind of marriage where God is the center, and we love each other for what God made each of us to be.
Now this doesn't only pertain to marriage, but to every aspect of life. The best things are worth waiting for.
We are reminded of this truth in Isaiah 40:31, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
I want to wait on God's timing and soar like the eagles. I don't want to run on my own and fall. How about you?

5 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for the wonderful posts each morning. I always feel so blessed and have food for thought when I leave here.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Ciera said...

Just wanted to stop by and say HI! thanks for your comment on my site.

Thanks for that verse here too.

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY HOW PRECIOUS YOU ARE TO YOUR DAD AND ME, AND HOW VERY PROUD WE ARE OF YOUR CHRISTIAN WALK. WE'RE GLAD THAT ALMOST 24 YEARS AGO GOD SENT YOU INTO OUR LIVES. WHAT A WONDERFUL TALENT THE LORD HAS GIVEN YOU TO WRITE AND BE A WITNESS FOR HIM. WE LOVE YOU BABY GIRL!!!!

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather - you are awesome. What a joy I get each day from reading your blog. I thank God for putting you into my family. God is in control of all our lives and we just need to leave it all in his hands. He loves us and cares about each little thing we go through. I am so thankful to him for you and the stand you take. God will take care of your Dad ( my brother) . love you , Your aunt Teri

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home