Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Its Easy to Get Mixed Up

I was thinking a lot yesterday about how easy it is to get mixed up. For example, my mom was talking to my niece, Raegan, yesterday. They were reading a book about a pig, a duck, a horse, and a cow.
Mom said, "What goes moo?"
Raegan replied, "A cow."
Mom asked, "What goes neigh?"
Raegan, "A horsey."
Mom again, "What goes oink-oink?"
Raegan, "A pig."
The last question, "What goes quack-quack?"
Raegan answered, "Captain Feathsword."
Now I don't know how many of you are familiar with The Wiggles, but Captain Feathersword does say quack-quack in one of Raegan's favorite songs. So that answer was right to her.
How many of us as adults do that? How many make things right for our situation. How many of us say, "Well, I know the Bible says this, but...."
The problem is that God doesn't make exceptions to His Word. Matthew 24:35 tells us, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
God's Word will never change. It will never pass away. It doesn't adjust for the times that we are living in. It doesn't adjust for my situation, and it doesn't adjust for yours.
So take a look at His Word today. Are you living by what He says?