Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Heart of Worship

I heard the song "The Heart of Worship" today on my way to work. This song always hits home with me because it reminds me that its not about me. Its all about Jesus. Our lives, each and every part, are to be used for the glory of God.
We shouldn't go to church on Sundays simply to clear our conscience. We should go because it is something that pleases Christ. We shouldn't sing songs for our own glory, but for Christ's glory.
I Corinthians 10:31 says, "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."
Every single thing that we do should bring glory to God. The TV you watch. The music you listen to. The people you associate with.
This is one of the hardest parts of the Christian life. Its easy to say, "I want my life to bring glory to God." But it takes a lot of action to actually have a life that brings glory to God.
I once went to a Bible Study where the leader started to ask himself, "Does this bring glory to God?" before he did anything. The result was awesome. He had a great testimony. Now I'm not saying that he never messed up, but because he was so focused on what God wanted, he didn't stumble nearly as much.
So maybe there's a lesson there for each of us. Whatever you do today, ask yourself if it brings glory to God. If it does, good. If it doesn't, maybe you should seek an alternative activity!

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said...

Amen!! That song hits me everytime!! To focus completely on Him... it still amazes me how when we worship~~ everything else disappears! Praise the Lord!!

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, my pastor said just about the same thing on Sunday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home