Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

He Knows Me

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Psalm 139:1-18
1O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

This passage of Scripture has always been one of my favorites. Just the thought that God knows me. I mean, He doesn't just know about me. He KNOWS me. He knows the number of hairs on my head. He knows every tear I've ever cried. He's known me since before I was the size of my baby in that ultrasound picture up there.

He knew my substance before all of my members were perfectly formed. He knew me before they were even there (check out verse 16 if you don't believe me!) The point is that He knows EVERYTHING I've ever done. Yet He still loves me. Isn't that awesome?

I mean right there in verse 17 it says that God's thought are precious toward us. I don't know about you, but I have been anything but precious for a good part of my life. Spoiled, bratty, disobedient, undeserving, those are pretty much the words I would use to describe Heather, but God sees me as precious. He sees me as a child that He formed from the womb. He sees me as an eternal soul that He sent His only Son to die for.

And no matter what I do, I can't get away from His awesome presence. Oh sure, in my shame I might try to hide, but no matter what God is always there. He WANTS to be there because I am important to Him. I don't know about you, but that is a thought that makes me want to praise Him today! Why don't you join me?

10 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Knows Me This I Love, though I'll never understand. How he could see the heart of me, yet love me just the way I am. Jesus Knows ME This I Love.

Heather , I too have always loved the portion of scripture you quoted today and am so grateful to OUR LORD, that he loves us unconditionally and loves us no matter where we have been, or what we have done. WHAT JOY THAT BRINGS TO MY LIFE.

Thank you for sharing your heart with us again today.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Love, love this, Heather. How huge is God's love for us that right from the start He knows us and loves us and cares about us.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Heather,

My life verses....beautiful. I think I have posted, that at the age of 48, I learned that the man I always believed was my father...was not. This passage of Scripture was a direct part of my healing over this loss. While I may never know the identity of my biological father, I am comforted by these passages as I know, I know, I know that I know.....who my Heavenly Father is...and how He has loved me from the moment of my conception.

What a comfort! What amazing love!

And I love the photo! Beautiful.....

Diane

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow Heather...the first picture of your blessing. You just keep amazing me girl. I'm so glad your back to blogging..I've missed you and your wonderful words!

Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

What a beautiful sight that only God could form! He is the great creator of life. I am so excited for you and looking forward to your new life to arrive. God is Great!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

Beautiful. Looks just like you:)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry, new balance pas cher, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, hollister, nike free pas cher, hogan outlet, polo lacoste, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, north face, nike air force, longchamp, kate spade handbags, lululemon outlet online, air max pas cher, polo ralph lauren, true religion jeans, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, sac guess, hollister, sac burberry, nike air max, michael kors, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, air jordan, sac hermes, coach purses, coach outlet, north face, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, oakley pas cher, air max, nike roshe run pas cher, timberland, michael kors uk, ralph lauren, nike roshe, nike free, nike tn, air max, nike blazer, louboutin, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, abercrombie, wedding dresses, beats by dre, baseball bats, mont blanc, soccer shoes, jimmy choo outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, ray ban, new balance shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing store, p90x, herve leger, louboutin, insanity workout, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, nike huaraches, vans shoes, mcm handbags, converse, longchamp, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, air max, birkin bag, oakley, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face jackets, hollister, reebok outlet, timberland boots, gucci, converse shoes, celine handbags, air max, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, nike trainers, vans, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, ghd, nfl jerseys

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Tucker said...

Awesome bllog you have here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home