Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Somewhere between who I was and who You’re making me

A normal posting schedule is looking more and more impossible lately. Things have been completely hectic at work, home, pretty much everywhere. But I will try to keep posting as much as I can. That said, I give you this post that I should've done last week. But hey, God works things out at the perfect time, so today is evidently the day I should be talking about this!
Today I'm taking another line from the song "Caught in the Middle." This is one that constantly gets me. I'm somewhere between who I was and who God is making me. But there are many days where I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I feel like I'm stuck and can't move one step further. I want to move closer to that person God is shaping me into, but the old me keeps pulling me back to what I used to be.
And I know that one of the reasons I am stuck in the past is because I keep remembering the things I left behind. Paul very clearly tells us in Philippians 3:13 that we are to forget the things that are behind. Those things should no longer rule our thought lives. Because if they rule our thought lives, they will eventually rule our actions. The things you focus on are the things you do.
So the other half of Philippians 3:13 is what I need to do in order to move forward. I need to reach forth to those things that are ahead of me. That's what I need to focus on. Because the life God has for me is SO much better than anything I left in the past.
When I think about this line, I'm reminded of two people. Lot's wife and Paul. See, these two chose two very different paths. Lot's wife gave up the life God gave her because her past was too important for her to give up. Looking back to her past destroyed her spiritually.
Then there's Paul. He penned the verse I've been talking about today, along with a huge number of other verses in the New Testament. From the day he was saved, Paul looked ahead. That was his only choice. And in looking ahead he went from being one of the most feared persecutors of Christians to being one of the boldest proclaimers of Christ. No, his life wasn't always easy, but he always had hope. Men harmed his physical body, but they could never touch the peace in his soul.
I don't know about you, but I'd much rather be like Paul. I want to be known as one who stood strong, even in the hardest times. I don't want to look back at my past and let it destroy me. I want to press toward the future God has for me. Like Paul, I want to press toward the prize.
Philippians 3:14, "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Whatever you have left behind.....pales in comparison to what lies before you my dear!

What a beautiful post. Yes, we all get stuck. I, too, am stuck but have been reminded by God's word and your post today...that God is with us always...whether we are moving forward or stuck! We are not alone! We have His light, His promise, His examples of those who have gone before us...to illuminate our way out! We are truly blessed. Thank you for being His light in a dark world.

I am so thankful that even in your struggle you are pointing the way to His peace and promise!

You are special!

Diane

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Heather once again you have posted an amazing post and one that hits hard. Me I'm guilty of living in the past and the past has held me so captive and it hurts. I need to be more like Paul and only look forward. Oh girl what a blessing you are.

Love ya girlie....

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry, new balance pas cher, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, hollister, nike free pas cher, hogan outlet, polo lacoste, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, north face, nike air force, longchamp, kate spade handbags, lululemon outlet online, air max pas cher, polo ralph lauren, true religion jeans, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, sac guess, hollister, sac burberry, nike air max, michael kors, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, air jordan, sac hermes, coach purses, coach outlet, north face, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, oakley pas cher, air max, nike roshe run pas cher, timberland, michael kors uk, ralph lauren, nike roshe, nike free, nike tn, air max, nike blazer, louboutin, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, abercrombie, wedding dresses, beats by dre, baseball bats, mont blanc, soccer shoes, jimmy choo outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, ray ban, new balance shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing store, p90x, herve leger, louboutin, insanity workout, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, nike huaraches, vans shoes, mcm handbags, converse, longchamp, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, air max, birkin bag, oakley, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face jackets, hollister, reebok outlet, timberland boots, gucci, converse shoes, celine handbags, air max, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, nike trainers, vans, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, ghd, nfl jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home