Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 27, 2007

Keeping My Mind on Christ

Isaiah 26:3, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

This was the verse of the day on Bible Gateway this morning, and I thought I'd share it with you guys. I've always loved this verse because it has always reminded me that perfect peace is never out of reach. All that I must do is keep my mind focused on Him.
Sounds simple doesn't it. Just focus on Christ, and I'll have perfect peace. And truly it should be simple. But I honestly believe that is why Satan attacks the thought life so much. He is constantly trying to wriggle his way into my thoughts in order to take my mind off of Christ where it should be. Why? Because Satan doesn't want me to be at peace. If I'm in a state of perfect peace with Christ, then I'm right where I need to be to serve Him. And the last thing that Satan wants is for me to serve Christ.
So he tries to put my mind on something else, anything else. The words to a pointless song, the crazy joke from a TV show, the ridiculous outfit my coworker is wearing. Now don't get me wrong, we live in this world, and we are going to come into contact with it, but the things of this world shouldn't rule our thoughts. Christ should rule our thoughts. Everything we do should be done in Christ-centered thinking.
I'm far from perfect in this area, but I pray that I can draw closer and closer to Christ and rest in His perfect peace by keeping my mind on Him more and more each day. How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home