Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You Gotta Wait

I'm sure there are those of you out there who either have, or have had a three year old in your life. Now, I don't yet have one of my own, but I'm around my niece pretty much daily and by that I've learned quite a bit about three year olds.
Three year olds love Dora, Diego, Mickey Mouse, and the Backyardigans. Three year olds have a pretty limitless supply of energy. Three year olds like to DO THINGS THEMSELVES. And three year olds do NOT like to wait.
When my niece is ready to go, she is ready to go. It doesn't matter that she only ate two french fries and a roll and that no one else has really even started their meal. She hates sitting there waiting once she's finished. But slowly but surely she is learning that she has to sit there and wait for everyone else to finish their meal.
It's funny to watch little ones being trained at the basics of life. I mean I don't recall ever seeing an adult at a table full of people fuss and cry because they were ready to leave before everyone else was finished. Eventually you learn the patience to wait for those around you.
However, learning to wait for things is something we perfect throughout life. We must learn to wait for God to show us His perfect will. We are given constant reminders throughout the Word to wait on the Lord. Here are just a few,

Psalm 25:5, "Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."

Psalm 27:14, "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."

Psalm 37:7, "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

Psalm 62:5, "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him."

And I could go on and on. I don't know about you, but it seems pretty important to God that we wait on Him and His timing. After all, His ways are perfect. He has our best in mind. Maybe it would be best for me to remember that the next time I'm sitting there feeling sorry for myself thinking that God should have brought something to pass in my life already. Hmmm, maybe I'm not so different from my niece after all!
What about you guys?

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a lot like a three year old when it comes to waiting but the older I get and the more I'm trying to get out of MY way and lean on God's way...waiting isn't as bad as it use to be.

Love the post :)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

His timing is crucial isn't it, because only He knows all the details. So if I know that why is it so hard sometimes?

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger staceyhoff said...

Are you reading my mind,Heather?? Stop that!! Lol ;) I was just talking about waiting on God's timing with a friend today, about free will and how He won't force growth in holiness on us or on other people. Such an encouragement. Thanks :)

XOXOXO'S

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

as I've learnt, don't pray for patience b/c God will teach it and it's no fun.. I'm sure that's how my 2,3 & 4 year old feel in this world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home