Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

For Both of Us

I'm sure some of you remember that last year I did the Bible in 90 days reading. It was a great time of study for me where I learned a lot of things. This year I've decided to take it one step further. See, people told me I should be reading to Alaena. So I thought, what better to read to her than the Bible? So Alaena and I are doing the Bible in 90 days.
And I must say that I believe in doing the reading out loud I'm going to learn even more than I learned last year. I don't know the ins and outs of what reading to a baby in the womb does for brain development. But my real goal is spiritual development. I'm going to train this little girl about Jesus from the womb. After all, that's my duty as a parent.
I'm going to follow Proverbs 22:6, "6Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
In my case it's a she, but I think the same principle applies. I want to take this parenting duty very seriously. I may not be able to provide her with every toy she ever desires, or a brand new car the day she turns 16. But I will teach her about Christ, and that's a training worth far more than any material possession.
If any of you have thought about reading the Bible in 90 days, I challenge you to do so. It's definitely something that will help you grow spiritually. And hey, if you're expecting a little one, you may just be able to do a little pre-birth training too!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

glad you're starting to think about those things now! :)

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Reading aloud is wonderful. Your little girl will be hearing the Word. How exciting.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

How cool. My mom and dad told me about a guy they saw on tv who shared about some brain damage he'd suffered. He overcame it by reading outloud and creating new pathways in his brain. Then he talked about how important the spoken word is on renewing our minds and how we should read The Bible outloud. Very, very cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home