Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Proverbs 9:10

Hey everybody! Yes, I'm still here. I haven't felt much like posting lately. I've been down in the dumps and stressing over things I can't change. Because, you know, stressing about them totally helps. Yeah, right.
But God slapped me with this verse this morning, and I've decided, I'm not going to let Satan defeat me. Check out Proverbs 9:10, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."
See, I can't rest in my own understanding. I must fear the Lord. I must trust that He is the almighty God, and that He will take care of every situation. Even the ones I get myself into.
As I have heard many times over the last few weeks, I know that God has forgiven me, and I must forgive myself. I think part of having knowledge of holy things is in knowing that I must ask forgiveness, but another part is knowing that I can't just pick that guilt up and carry it over and over again. I must trust that God has forgiven me, and that is enough.
I'm probably babbling on and on here, and I must be a bit vague. But here's the gist of it. Sometimes I feel that God allows us to bear the consequences of our sins. I'm in that place right now (though I love Alaena with all that I am.) And then I think that at the same time, Satan tries to throw other things at you and make you think that those things are consequences of your sin in order to keep you from fully resting in God's forgiveness (I'm dealing with some of that as well, though I don't really feel I should share the whole of those details here.)
But today, I'm going to learn from this verse. I'm going to fear God, not Satan. God has given me all the armor I need to be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil. (Ephesians 6:11) And I will no longer allow him to keep me defeated. I'm a forgiven child of the King, and my time of ministry is NOT over. In God's strength I am able to raise this child on my own. And through Christ, I am claiming the victory in this battle.
I ask that each of you will offer up a prayer for me and Alaena today. I am sure that Satan will continue to fight, but I'm going to rest in God's wisdom, and I will NOT allow him to conquer us.

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl you know satan is putting those thoughts in your head because you are one of the good faithful Christians. If he can bring you down then you can't lift God up and he knows how amazing you are at touching other people with your wonderful love of our Father. You hold your head up high and know that you and that beautiful blessing God gave you are going to keep loving and praising God! He makes all things and sweetie that baby...well we both know she's going to live her life loving and seving God just like her mom does! God knows your path and he knows what's in store for you and if the devil is trying to bring you down...well the devil is scared so pick yourself up and put him in his place...ok enough rambling! Glad you're back...missed ya!

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

OK girlfriend....I'm going to share with you my life verses once again:

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting

Sweetie--God KNOWS you! He has known you from the secret places of your mother's womb....just as He already KNOWS Alena! He offers the same promise for you as He does that sweet little girl!!!!

May God strike your enemy dead.....may you walk in the peace His presence offers....His hope for the future...His abundant living!!!!!

Each of your days has been "written in His book"....and that's carved in granite! You can take that to the bank!

Isn't it amazing to think that you are so covered by His loving care? He faithfully provides--even when our enemy(ies) bring evil intent!

I love your posts dear friend....and I love your heart!

Diane

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I say DITTO 100% to just what Diane said. You stand tall girl and hold that head up. You are so right , your ministry IS NOT OVER and I gain strength from every blog you write. Keep it up for me and many many others. God is not finished with you yet. When you need to talk, you call me, anytime day or night.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

You hang in there Heather! God is your high tower to run to when you are under attack! God is not done with you yet, as evidenced by you just sharing this post! Totally ministered to me today! He has ordered your steps and has great plans for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home