Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Make Haste

15And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.


I don't know about you, but there have been times I have been known to be a procrastinator. And I really don't know why. Because it's a trait that really drives me INSANE. If someone says they'll do something, I want them to do it, like right then! But sometimes what I expect of others is more than I will give myself. I need to work on that.
Today's lesson shows the shepherds making a quick decision to go see this new Saviour that the angel told them about. They didn't say, "Well, let's give it a few days. I'm sure the excitement will wear off." No, they went RIGHT THEN.
And when God calls us to do something, He wants us to do something about it RIGHT THEN. He doesn't want us to wait ten years and see if the Spirit hits us again. He has a purpose for our lives, and He wants us to be excited about it. He wants us to quickly go with His plan. Because His plan holds so much blessing for us.
I don't know about you, but I want to be better about going with God's plan. I want to follow Him at the first nudge. I'm sure I will be much happier if I do.