Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 17, 2008

He Made It There For Sunday Worship!

Brother Halton Watkins passed from this life late Saturday night. Most of us didn't hear about it until we were at church on Sunday morning, but when I heard, I thought, "How appropriate!"
See, Halton loved nothing better than being in the Lord's House on Sunday morning. He loved to worship "His Jesus," and yesterday, Halton got to worship Jesus in person. Yesterday he got to bow before those precious feet.
There were quite a few tears shed yesterday at church, but all of us are rejoicing with Halton over his homegoing. We sang "First Day in Heaven," and I couldn't hold my tears back as I sang. Because as I sang, I could picture Halton enjoying that first day in heaven (and you know what, it's going to be an eternal day!!)

I'll leave you today with the chorus of that song!

Oh what a day, our first day in Heaven
When we've finished the story untold
I'm gonna sit down with my blessed Savior
And what a day our first day will be

3 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad for you guys that loved this dear man but how wonderful for him because he is with who he loves the most...our Lord!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Allison Farley said...

It snowed here today too! We got about 3-4 inches! Thank God I had a doctors appointment this morning and I didn't have to rush off to work right away!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Ladies who love soulwinning! said...

Hi are you Baptists?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home