Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thank You JESUS!!

I taught children's church this past Sunday. It was a pretty easy Sunday to have it considering Thanksgiving was coming up. I taught on Psalm 138:1, "I will praise thee with my whole heart!"
And let me tell you, little kids can do some praise. I played a game with them where I would name something, and if they were thankful for it, they would say, "Thank You Jesus!" They were very exuberant when they shouted out, "THANK YOU JESUS!"
Then I asked them individually what they were thankful for when we made crafts. Of course they all said moms, dads, brothers, sisters. But they were also thankful for houses, wagons, grass, leaves, flowers, dogs, cats, baths, and the list goes on.
Basically, they were thankful for EVERYTHING. And they were excited in their thanks. And I started to feel a bit guilty. I mean, when is the last time I thanked God for a warm bath? Or for the beautiful flowers I see everyday?
So today, I'm thanking God with my whole heart. Even for the littlest things! Because those are the things that really make you the happiest! Things like pictures of my daughter to look at while I'm at work. And things like tea from Bojangles to wake me up! And Sugar Free Snack Packs so that I can have a low calorie treat!
What little things are you thanking God for today?

4 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Ladies who love soulwinning! said...

Hi Heather
We are Baptists too!
I really enjoy reading your blog and looking at all your widgets and stuff like that.

In Christ
Iris

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Its so easy sometimes to take all those little blessings that we have for granted. Thanks to the little ones for reminding us. Happy Thanksgiving, Heather.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

happy thanksgiving! :)

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Heather, you are spot on! That's one of the reasons that Jesus said that we needed to be like little children to come to Him. They have no problem crying when they hurt, playing nice with others (most of the time), and they certainly can give love and thanks on the spur of the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home