Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Sweet Sweet Song

God has always helped me through the hardest times in my life by giving me a song to sing. He reminds me that I am to praise Him even when I don't understand. I am to use everything in my life for a testimony.
Psalm 40 tells us that God heard the psalmist's cry, and God gave him a new song. Now this doesn't mean that God will always eliminate our problems. It just means that if we call out to Him, He won't allow us to be overcome by them. He will fill our mouths with praise rather than mourning.
Lots of songs have become precious to me over the years, and I believe that God gave me those songs at just the time I needed them.
In times of pain the words to the FFH song Cover Me have lifted me up: Your ways are higher. Your love is stronger, And through this painYou’ll cover me.Your grace is greater, When there are no answers, And through this painYou’ll cover me. And through this painYou’ll cover me.
When I remember that God is with me, it's easy to praise Him. Just remember that God is stronger than anything in your life. Cry out to Him and let Him be your sweet sweet song.

2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, Heather, that was beautiful. You made me cry. He is my song, even when, espescially when, I don't understand. Preach it sister.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Spock said...

I know what you mean. Music lifts me up better than just about anything. I think music affects people a LOT more than they realize. That's why they should only allow Christian music to be played on the radio!!! J/K....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home