Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 21, 2005

A Time For Thanks

How often do we give thanks for the things God gives us? Do we just think about it once a year when Thanksgiving rolls around? My grandpa has always told me that every day should be a day of Thanksgiving. Every day is a gift from God.
I am ashamed to say that is very easy for me to complain when things don't go the way I had planned, yet it is so easy for me to forget to thank God when He gives me so many blessings. I take His blessings for granted. This week I'm going to make a special effort to thank God everyday for His blessings.
I Thessalonians 5:18 tells us "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
God's will for our lives is for us to be thankful people. He wants us to remember where our blessings come from. When we forget the God who blesses us, we will not be blessed.
Take time today to thank God for what He has done in your life. Take time EVERY day to thank Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home