Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 14, 2006

Filled With Praise

Last Thursday I ran across a blog that really encouraged me. The blog is called Blessed Assurances and this Thursday Thirteen Post of hers reminded me that praise is a choice.
Yes, we are all gonna have days where we wake up and wish that we could just pull the covers back up and stay in bed. We are all gonna have days where we worry. We are all gonna have days when everything we try seems to go wrong, but even on days like that we are to praise God.
And we can ask Him to keep us in an attitude of praise. Look at this verse from Psalm 71:8, "Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day."
God is worthy of our praise. Even when things seem to be crazy, He is still God, and He is still worthy of our praise. David didn't ask God to let him be filled with praise during the good times. He asked God to let him be filled with praise all the day. Everyday.
So praise Him right now. Take time to count your blessings. Take time to reflect on the awesome God that we serve. Take time to be filled with praise!


7 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger kpjara said...

take time...good reminder! It seems so obvious, but often overlooked or back-seated...take time to count blessings and to worship and praise God!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Heather! Thank you again for the reminder that praising God is a choice. I am glad my T13 inspired you! I felt so blah that day but I just knew God wanted me to write it out! And lo and behold it worked!

have a great Monday and a big amen to your comment on my post re: babies and movie theatres.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Great reminder. Sometimes that is all you can do, even in the midst of trials.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

You are right. Praise is a choice sometimes instead an emotional outburst. Just like love. Sometimes you just have to decide to DO IT and soon you are WANTING to.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Excellent Heather! We praise God for who He is, not for how we feel that minute! He never changes. Thanks for the reminder that praising Him is a choice not dependant of feelings.

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post girl and after yesterday I needed it:)

I have so much to be thankful for right now!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

What a well-needed post right now. I thought we might sell the house today but it didn't happen. I need to remember to thank him for having a house, my health, my husband's job, etc.

Thanks again - I needed to hear that today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home