Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thursday Thirteen Header Compliments of Goofy Girl

Thirteen Verses About Those We Are To Love (God is still showing me that I need to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! The first verse was my daily verse for today!)


1. Luke 6:27-28, " 27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you."

2. Matthew 5:44, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

3. Matthew 19:19, "Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

4. Matthew 22:37, "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

5. John 8:42, "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me."

6. John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

7. Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

8. Romans 12:10, "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;"

9. Romans 15:30, "Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;"

10. I Corinthians 2:9, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

11. Galatians 5:13, "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another."

12. Ephesians 4:2, "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;"

13. Ephesians 5:33, "Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband."

These are just a few of course. We are commanded to love over and over in God's Word! And He's showing me that I need to love even those who seem so unlovable!

Have a blessed day! Share God's love with someone!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



13 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

My favorite is still Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you. . . plans to give you a future with hope!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Good choices of verses to post.
Thanks for passing by.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Jen said...

How wonderful you did this....that is great.
I'll have to start reading you, thanks for coming by
jen

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Just reading those I feel both covered in love and feel compelled to love as my Father would have me to do! Awesome, Heather!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great for me since I just read a chapter in my book Loving the People you are stuck with.

I love the 1st one.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

I THINK this is the third list of verses I've read today, and that's COOL! It's like God's knocking on my heart saying, "Hey, you in there! WAKE UP!!!!!" ;)

Thank you for sharing these!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Dang! I thought the Bible had 14 verses. Back to the drawing board....

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Love IS the key! I love all those verses.

My TT is up.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Great choices and of course 1Corinthians 13:13 says it all....well actually the whole chapter;-) You're right about it being difficult sometimes to show love to everyone...but it's good that you are aware and trying.
Be blessed!

My TT is up.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Fred said...

There's so many good ones here; it's tough to pick out just one as my favorite.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry, new balance pas cher, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, hollister, nike free pas cher, hogan outlet, polo lacoste, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, north face, nike air force, longchamp, kate spade handbags, lululemon outlet online, air max pas cher, polo ralph lauren, true religion jeans, sac longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, sac guess, hollister, sac burberry, nike air max, michael kors, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, air jordan, sac hermes, coach purses, coach outlet, north face, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, oakley pas cher, air max, nike roshe run pas cher, timberland, michael kors uk, ralph lauren, nike roshe, nike free, nike tn, air max, nike blazer, louboutin, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, abercrombie, wedding dresses, beats by dre, baseball bats, mont blanc, soccer shoes, jimmy choo outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, iphone cases, ray ban, new balance shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing store, p90x, herve leger, louboutin, insanity workout, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, nike huaraches, vans shoes, mcm handbags, converse, longchamp, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, air max, birkin bag, oakley, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face jackets, hollister, reebok outlet, timberland boots, gucci, converse shoes, celine handbags, air max, giuseppe zanotti, north face outlet, nike trainers, vans, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, ghd, nfl jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home