Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thursday Thirteen Header Compliments of Goofy Girl

"Fear Not"


1. Genesis 15:1, "After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." We don't have to fear because God will protect us and bring us to our reward.

2. Deuteronomy 31:6, "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. " We don't have to fear because God will be with us wherever we go. He'll never turn away from us in hard times.

3. Joshua 10:25, "And Joshua said unto them, Fear not, nor be dismayed, be strong and of good courage: for thus shall the LORD do to all your enemies against whom ye fight." We don't have to fear our enemies because God will fight our battles for us.

4. I Kings 17:13, "And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son." We don't have to fear going without because God will provide our needs if we obey Him.

5. II Kings 6:16, "And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." We don't have to fear because our God is stronger than any other power.

6.I Chronicles 28:20, "And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD." We don't have to fear being forsaken. God will be with us and carry out His purposes through us.

7. Isaiah 35:4, "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you." We don't have to fear because God will repay those who do us wrong.

8. Isaiah 41:13, "For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." We don't have to fear because God is right there to hold our hand.

9.Lamentations 3:57, "Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not." We don't have to fear because He will be there when we call on Him.

10. Joel 2:21, " Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. " We don't have to fear because our God is able to do great things to change our circumstances.

11. Luke 8:50, "But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole." We don't have to fear because the One that we believe in is able to heal us.

12. Acts 27:24, "Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee." We don't have to fear man because God is with us.

13. Revelation 1:17, "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:" We don't have to fear because the One we serve always has been and always will be.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



7 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger kpjara said...

What a wonderful post!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I love these TT's that you do on this site. I just can't help but think everytime I see one how much time it must take you to look all of that up and then type it in.

Good job, girl! :)

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Amazing how many times God tells us to "fear not"! Love this!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

I love the fear nots in Isa 41...in the first it talks about being in his right hand and the second talks about him holding my right hand...and a few years ago it occurred to me that if I'm in his right hand and he is holding me by my right hand that I must be facing him...and so the filter through which I need to see anything is through Him and so really nothing can touch me! Thanks for reminding me to remember this!!

And thanks for your prayers and encouraging comments on my TT!! :)

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Beautiful, Heather, just beautiful!! It's so refreshing to read these nuggets of truth!!

My TT is up here.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love reading your post:)

Have a great day!

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some great verses! Thanks for sharing why we can have trust in Him and not fear!

My TT is at http://www.minthegap.com/?p=565

 

Post a Comment

<< Home