Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 24, 2006

It's Hard to Turn It Over

I spent this past weekend at the beach. It was a lovely relaxing time, but I am FRIED. Though I was already tanned, too much time in the hot summer sun got the best of me, well, at least the best of my face.
I know what you're thinking. You think I should've used sunscreen, but I'm allergic to it, so I couldn't. But I should've known when enough was enough, but I was out on the beach enjoying myself, and I didn't cover my face when I needed to. So this morning I suffer the consequences.
This morning I read a verse that reminded me that God knows our human tendencies. He knows that many times we don't want to admit we need help. We don't want to stop what we are doing. And in those times we get hurt.
God knows that it takes humility to admit we need help. Check out these verses from I Peter 5:6-8, " 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"
God wants us to be humble. He wants us to rest in His mighty hands. He wants us to trust Him to care for all our problems. He wants us to cast our every care upon Him. Why? Because if we aren't humble, we will fall.
The devil wants us to fall. He watches our lives. He looks to see when we are trying to walk on our own rather than walk with God. And in times like that, he strikes.
God wants our best. Satan wants our worst. The only way to live God's way is to be humble. So trust me on this one, follow God's commands in humility. It's no fun being fried!!

6 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Okay -- let's put aside the bible study for a minute... exactly what part of sunblock are you allergic to? Because there must be SOMETHING out there you can use! It's not just to avoid sunburn, but cancer, too! It's so important!!!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Yes, I think the Lord knows we need to be told to humble ourselves. Everything in this world gears us from day 1 to be prideful and think we are self-sufficient. If we would only realize how big His Hands are!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

hope your burn heals quickly!

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger kpjara said...

I hope you can at least 'aloe' your face...take care of your skin, you only get the one face...on earth anyway!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Thanks Heather. Hope you feel better today. I hate those consequences!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Glass Half Full said...

How much I have learned about humility! Seems like God always brings me back to that word. Think God is telling us something??? I THINK SO!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home