Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

You're Still God

I know it's been a while since I posted. Things have gotten a little hectic in my family. I ask that you cover my sister's family in prayer. Satan is fighting their family in a big way. As we all know, strong Christian homes are often his targets.
There have been many emotions going through my mind, as I've stood by my sister in this test. I've questioned why. I've been angry. I've been heartbroken for her and the children.
But one thought has reigned supreme over all. God is still God. He knows where my sister is. He's holding her. He's in control, and He'll help her every step of the way.
I heard this song on the radio this morning. It's just one of many songs God has brought into my hearing over the last week or so that has reminded me of who He is.

You're still God, though my eyes have cried a million tears,
You're still God, when my last hope has disappeared
You're still God, and I know you'll make a way somehow
You're still God, and You're holding me right now.

Isn't it the hugest comfort to know that no matter where we are, God is still God? He's still taking care of us. He's still making a way.
When I opened up a calender I bought last summer, the picture says, "Even there...Your hand will guide me." It references Psalm 139:10. The King James version of the verse says this, "Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.:
His hand is holding us. I don't know about you, but I feel protected in His hand. No matter what storms may arise.
As I said before, please keep my sister and her family in your prayers, and while you're praying ask that we always remember Who is holding us!