Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

My almost two year old niece has found a new favorite movie in "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas." When we put her Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving, we sat her down to watch it, thinking she might be interested in it for about two seconds, but she watched the whole thing. And since then, she's watched it at least twice a day, EVERY day! Needless to say my sister and her husband are a bit tired of the Grinch!
I think its cute though, being that I don't live there, and I don't have to watch it over and over. I've always loved the movie myself, but it is one of my cousin Tracy's all-time favorites. She loves it because of this line:

Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas is a little bit more.

As Christians we know that Christmas is a LOT more. Christmas isn't about getting things. It isn't about the delicious food. Its not about Christmas trees and Christmas lights. It isn't about stockings on the fireplace. Its about love. More specifically, its about God's love. God's love shown to us through our Savior's birth.
So though there might seem to be a lot of "Grinches" out there trying to steal Christmas, remember Christmas is in the heart of every believer. They can take down every "Merry Christmas" sign, but they can't take the true meaning of Christmas out of our hearts!

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I'm the grinch today. Thanks Heather. I'll wipe the green makeup off and remember Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home