Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 27, 2006

Arise, My Love

This weekend I was blessed to see Newsong in concert (along with a lot of my other favorites.) I have to say though, that Newsong was my favorite group this time. The reason being that they sang one of my all-time favorite songs, "Arise, My Love."
Check out the words to the chorus:

Arise, my Love
Arise, my Love,
The grave no longer has a hold on you.
No more death sting,
No more suffering,
Arise, arise, my love.

When they finished this song, everyone was on their feet going crazy. The crowd 16,000 was praising God as one. It was awesome.
See, the words of the song are simple, but their meaning is more powerful than any message that has ever been told. The Gospel is shared in just this short chorus. Jesus arose. He's not dead.
That's the whole reason that we have something to sing about. That's the whole reason that we are free. We serve a risen Savior.
This is the message we are to share with the world. If we don't share Christ's Gospel, then we are ignoring a lost world as Paul tells us in II Corinthians 4:3, "But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:"
Don't hide the Gospel. Share it.
And remember, salvation isn't about bad people becoming good people. It's about dead people becoming alive!