Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 10, 2006

Jesus Can

Today I have to do one of the saddest things a singer can do. I have to sing in a funeral. And this one is going to be especially hard because its the funeral of a family member. My Great Aunt Anne passed away on Wednesday.
Its sad to see her go, but I know she's in a better place. She's in place where cancer can't eat away at her body anymore. She's in a place where she'll never suffer again. So, though I'm sad that I'll never get to look back over the church while I'm singing and watch her sing along word for word, I'm happy for her.
One of her requests was that her funeral be a witness. So one of the songs we are singing is called "Jesus Can." It basically talks about how as a human I can't erase your pain. I can't dry your tears and give you comfort and peace, but Jesus can!
I'm sure that Annie knew that her family would be in pain on this day. She also knew that the only one who could give them peace would be Jesus. The same Jesus that she served in her life.
I say the same thing to you today. If you are going through something you don't understand or if your pain is more than you can bear, cry out to Jesus. He can help you even in the hardest times of your life!

6 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

I bet your auntie will be looking down with love and singing along with you word for word.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Spock said...

I'm so sorry. You'll be in my thoughs & prayers. Oreo sends furry hugs.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

Heather,
I just whispered a prayer, that God will use the funeral service and the song to touch people's hearts and draw them to Him. So sorry friend.

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I know your singing will both honor your aunt, and God. What a gift.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home