Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Commitments

I've been thinking a lot lately about commitments. Basically because I've made a commitment to work out more and get into better shape.
At times this isn't a hard commitment. After all, I like my gym. Its just getting myself out the door early enough in the mornings to get there.
Then there's the food thing. I like rice cakes, really I do. Its just when they are competing against homemade chips that I have the problem. But as I said above, I'm committed.
Spiritual committments can be tough to keep too. Satan will try everything he can to trip you up. He'll throw all sorts of nice things in your path. He'll tell you that you need 5 more minutes of sleep when you've decided to get up earlier to read your Bible. He'll tell you that you need to watch a ball game rather than go to church. Its easy to find reasons not to keep your commitments.
But just like getting in shape is good for my body, keeping my commitments to God are good for my spirit. I can only have a healthy body if I maintain a good diet and a good excercise schedule. I can only keep a healthy relationship with God if I strive to learn from Him daily.
What commitments have you made? What efforts are you making to keep them?

3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

our church is committing to reach out to others for Christ in a new, more focused way than ever before. It's interesting to see how God is allowing me - shy girl - to do that in a way i never thought I could. Humbling. and the ultimate honor - to share Him.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home