Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

****A short note before the 13, Dad's surgery has been moved up 7:30 AM (Eastern time) tomorrow. If you'd keep him and my family in your prayers tomorrow, I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much. Now, to the 13....

Thirteen Songs or Verses that Bring Me Peace (I need some peace today!) Hopefully, these will spread a little peace to you as well!

1. "In the Valley" The chorus goes like this:
He leads me beside still waters, somewhere in the valley below. Then He draws me aside to be tested and tried, But in the valley He restoreth my soul.
I'm so glad God restores our souls even in the valleys of life!

2. "Safe Thus Far" Here's the chorus:

Oh, I am safe thus far. He's brought me safe thus far. I'm in the ship with the one who made the moon and the stars. I'll praise Him for mercy that can't fail. I love that old grace that still prevails. This is my story. I'll give Him the glory. safe thus far.

Isn't it awesome that the one who created everything holds us in His hands?

3. Psalm 46:1-3, 10 - My life verses: "1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah...10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

No matter what happens in this world, God is still God, and He is in control. That brings such peace to my heart.

4. "It Is Well" Here's the first verse:

When peace like a river attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, "Even so, it is well with my soul."

Whether we're going through good times or bad, we can still have the assurance that if we are right with God, all is well.

5. Psalm 23, One of the most known Psalms, Here it is:

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

6. "Four Days Late" Here's the chorus:

But He's four days late, and all hope is gone. Lord, we don't understand, why you've waited so long. But His way is God's way, not yours or mine. So isn't it great, when He's four days late, He's still on time.

It brings me peace to know that God is working in my life, and that, even when I don't understand His timing, He has a purpose.

7. Romans 8:28, "28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

I know that God has called me, and I'm striving to live according to His will, so no matter what happens in life, He has all things working together for my good.

8. "Wonderful Peace" Here's the last verse:

I am resting tonight, in this wonderful peace. Resting sweetly in Jesus control. For I'm kept from all danger, by night and by day, and His glory is flooding my soul.

We can rest in Jesus' arms. He loves us, and He protects us.

9. Mark 4:39, "And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."

The Master I serve can speak to the winds and the waves of my life (whether they be emotional or physical). I have no need to fear.

10. "The Master of the Wind" Here's the chorus:

I know the master of the wind, I know the maker of the rain. He can calm the storm, make the sun shine again. I know the master of the wind.

Just like I said above, I know the one who calms the seas of life.

11. John 14:1-3, "1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. "

Jesus has gone to prepare a place for ME. One day I will live with Him for all eternity.

12. "He Is Able" Here's the chorus:

But I know when my eyes fail to see, He is able. And even though it seems impossible to me, He is able. And as the night gives way to dawning and evaporates away, I'll stand to face another day. I will stand behind His word, for He is able.

We can stand behind what God has said because HE IS ABLE.

13. Matthew 19:26, "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

I'm glad I serve a God who sees nothing as an impossibility.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Leave me your link, and I'll put it here!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

To my dear Jesus sharing friend... I just shared this scripture with my friend MomRN2 over at My Quiet Corner... and I just feel the need to pass it on again... It's in the Message translation, and just look how powerful these plain, everyday words are...

Phil. 4:6-7 -

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

I'm praying for you right now that you will feel a sense of God's wholeness settle over you and wrap you in His wonderful Peace...

I love how you are drawing your strength from scripture and song. True worship, right there!

Hugs.

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list. It Is Well is one of my favorite hymns..thanks for bringing that one to mind today :) My 13 are up.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

Peaceful list. Prayers going up for your dad.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said...

Thank you so much!!! I needed that too!!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Christy Smith said...

Okay, so I've been clicking on the "Random" button for the Christian blogger thing and it has brought me here twice. So I am leaving you a message! I really like your 13 this week. Mine's up. Love ya! I'll be praying for all ya'll!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Inspiring 13. Here's wishing your father well.

Thanks for visiting my 13.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful list! you and your family are in my prayers

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Great list!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Hey girl. I was thinking about you just now, so I thought I would stop by and say hi. I hope you had a great Thursday and a wonderful tomorrow! Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

P.S. Tell Lexi Hi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home