Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen People Who Have Been A Good Christian Influence in My Life

1. My Parents - Okay, I know this is two people, but it really has been a team effort with them. They have truly raised me according to Proverbs 22:6

2. My Grandma and Grandpa Smith - Again two people but a team. My Grandpa Smith is also my pastor, and my Grandma is the perfect picture of a pastor's wife. They have shown me Titus 2:2-3 in their example.

3. My sister Crystal - I saw a huge change in her life after she was saved, and I wanted the same thing. She really lets her light for Christ shine (Matthew 5:16)

4. My brother Ben - I was saved before him, but he has grown to be such a strong Christian and a great preacher. His zeal for God's Word is awesome. I know he'll be a great pastor someday. He works to live I Timothy 4:12.

5. My cousin Christy - again, she was saved after me, but she has the gift of listening to others and carrying their burdens for them and helping them to pray. She lives Galatians 6:2.

6. My cousin Tracy - she is so full of joy. Even in the hardest times in life she has a smile on her face. I know that its her strong faith. The joy of the Lord truly is her strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)

7. My aunt Teri - her desire to be used of Christ is awesome. She has a beautiful voice, and she is using it to tell the world about Jesus. (Psalm 144:9)

8. Laura Hendren - she takes a strong stand for Christ even when the odds are against her. (Ephesians 6:13)

9. Halton Watkins - he is the picture of Christ's love and humility. He lives Colossians 3:12.

10. Ralph Hundley - he praises God without shame wherever he goes. He truly serves the Lord with gladness (Psalm 100:2)

11. Louis Chatel - he is always willing to share the story of where God brought him from. He is a great witness to those around him. He is not ashamed of the Gospel (Romans 1:16)

12. Allison Fitzgerald - my brother's fiance. She doesn't do things according to the world's standards. She strives to live a godly life in all she does. (Romans 12:2)

13. The teachers at Vandalia Christian School - This is actually a lot of people, but they all had the same goal. These people loved kids, and they wanted us to know Christ. The pay was pitiful at best, but they worked there because they cared about our souls. They made a difference in lives (Jude 1:22)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Leave me your link, and I'll put it here!
Dawn
Kelly
TNChick
Kimmy
Emily
Better Safe Than Sorry
Master Enigma
Heather D




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

What a nice list and recognition for those in your life!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger -tnchick- said...

I agree, how blessed you are to have some many great Christian influences in your life.

My 13 is up.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Kimmy said...

A wonderful list! A great way to share God's love!

My 13 are up!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Emily said...

such an inspirational list. makes me wonder what kind of an influence I am on others around me. thanks so much.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Master Enigma said...

It is great that you have these folks in your life. You are blessed!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks so much for sharing. What a great list. I'm gonna have to get my bible out and get through those references.

Mine are up here!

Thanks for being a good Christian influence in my life. :)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Kim said...

This has got to be the sweetest 13 I've read all day!

Mine is up too! :-)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

What a wonderful, eternal legacy your grandparents have given you: a whole family of Christ-followers.

Now it's your turn...pass it forward.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Heather, great list. Where would we be without those who have gone before and paved the way and those who hold us up when we need support?

Thanks for coming by my site.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Great list, Heather! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home