Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Cast My Cares Upon You

I've been thinking alot this week about a song that I learned as a child. It goes like this:

I cast my cares upon You.
I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet.
Sometimes I don't know what to do.
I just cast my cares upon You.

As I said last week, dad is having surgery Friday. I realized something through this. I need to trust God with my family just like I trust Him with myself. I truly need to lay my dad at God's feet. I know that He is able to take care of anything. It's just being willing to let go. So that's what I'm doing today, I'm casting my cares upon Jesus, just like He tells us to do in I Peter 5:7.
If you have any burdens that you are carrying, please share them. I'd be glad to take them to Jesus for you.

5 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Great blog, Heather. You are right about trusting God in what we do. I will keep your daddy in my prayers. Thanks for visiting my blog.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers, Heather... continue trusting in God!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I found you through the CWO blog ring. I'll say a prayer for your dad this week.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

Hope your dad gets well soon. I'm thinking of you and your family at this time.

Glad you stopped by my blog and liked the quilt. I also lack the patience and time to a degree. So my quilts take ages to complete. But it is a great way to wind down in the evenings.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Heather will keep saying a prayer for your dad. I am very blessed with my family and God's love. Please keep my husband and I in your prayers. As he is gone weeks at a time (truckdriver) it is so hard to keep a strong, non stressful relationship. We are both blessed to be children of God but satan sure slips in there sometimes to cause us to fuss and snap at each over the phone and in the short times we have with each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home