Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wednesday's Word

I've been thinking a lot about the word "perfect" lately. I am so far from it, but it's what I strive for. What we all strive for really.

Actual meaning: Completely suited for a particular purpose or situation, Being without defect or blemish

Meaning to me: Being spiritually mature, being willing to give up my all for Christ

When I think of Biblical perfection, I think of the apostles or of the martyrs of the early church. These people took no thought to their own comfort. They didn't care what happened to them as long as Christ's Gospel was spread throughout the world. Christ's will reigned supreme in their lives. Sure they failed, but they didn't let their failures stop them from doing Christ's work.
That's what I strive for. I want to be transformed (Romans 12:2), to live the life that I know Christ has for me. I want to die to self and live for Christ. Of course that's easy in words. Living the life is tougher.
I mean, I know I'm so far off of that mark, but I can't quit just because I fall short. I have to keep moving forward. No one ever wins the race if they stop running.
I can't let the failures of daily life keep me from following Christ.
You can't either. Don't quit the race. There are so many out there who need to know about Christ. You may be the only chance they have to know Him. So run. If you trip, get back up. The reward for living a life for Christ is beyond imagination.
And when I get to heaven, I'd rather raise my voice in praise than have to bow my head in shame!

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I just found you on another blog chatting about American idol. I thought I'd pop by and say hi. I'm a idol fan, and a Jesus fan too :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home