Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wednesday's Word

I started something on my funny blog called Wednesday's word. I think I'm gonna start it here too. The basic jist is that I just take one word and post about its meaning to me. Today's word is patient.

Actual meaning - Capable of calmly awaiting an outcome or result; not hasty or impulsive.

Meaning to me - My dad's unwavering ability to wait for God's timing in things no matter how hard it may seem

Patience is a virtue they say. Unfortunately it's a virtue I need more of. It's not like I don't have a good example. I do. My dad has the patience of Job. Me, not so much!
I've been told that if I pray for more patience, I better watch out because the way to learn patience is through a trial.
James 1:3-4 talks about this, "3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."
Trials mature us. They make us more patient. I've seen my dad go through some hard trials in his life, but he has always displayed patience no matter how hard the storm.
That is my goal. Maybe God will get through to this hard head one day and teach me!
How about you, what's your goal?

5 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

I use to tell my dad that God only made one mistake... not giving me patience! Dad said I needed to learn that on my on and I haven't mastered it yet.

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good thing about praying for patience is that the answer is always Yes! :)

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Had to laugh- I've always been terrified of that prayer for patience, having heard the "watch out" warning! Good word Heather. Linked to your blog on my blog finally!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run uk, nike blazer, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, hollister, north face, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, burberry, mulberry, coach factory outlet, nike air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, lululemon, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, hogan, air jordan pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, louboutin pas cher, air max, hermes, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike free, coach outlet, timberland, north face, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac longchamp, converse pas cher, air force, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home