1. Every person needs a spiritual birth. (Though Nicodemus was a religious leader who tried to live a good life, Jesus still told him in John 3 that he had to be born again.)
2. Every person needs a spiritual church. (A spiritual church is a place you can get your soul fed, not just a place you go to socialize. When the troubles of life come, you will want a spiritual church to pray for you.)
3. Every person needs a spiritual outlook. (Proverbs 29:18 says, "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." We all need a vision for God's work in this lost and dying world.)
4. At Calvary we find forgiveness for our sins. (Romans 3:23 says that all have sinned, but John 3:16 says that God gave us His only Son so that we might all be saved.)
5. At Calvary we find peace for our souls. (Every person is seeking peace. Some seek it in a bottle, some seek it in money, but nothing satisfies except for Christ. Only God can fill that God shaped hole in a life.)
6. At Calvary we find new life. (When we are saved we become "new creatures" II Corinthians 5:17.)
7. At Calvary we find hope for the future (Jesus promised eternal life to all that believe on Him)
8. A fault is a weakness that will lead to sin. (A chink in our armour if you will. The devil will try to seek out your weaknesses and use them to make you fall into sin)
9. Sin will bring destruction. (Romans 6:23)
10. Jesus has given us all the instructions that we need to overcome our weaknesses so that we might not fall into sin. (II Peter 1:10)
11. We can overcome our faults by confessing them to older Christians who will pray with us and show us things in God's Word to help strengthen us. (James 5:16)
12. We can overcome our faults by helping others strengthen themselves (Galatians 6:1 - If you are trying to help someone else you will be watching your life more closely because you will not want to be a stumblingblock to that person)
13. We can overcome our faults by getting into God's Word and finding verses that pertain to our areas of weakness. (Just as Jesus overcame temptation with Scripture so can we.)
This revival is really helping me. I hope some of the things I've heard this week can help you as well!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants