Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Verses About God's Protection
1. Psalm 27:1, "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2. II Samuel 22:3, "The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence."
3. Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
4. Isaiah 25:4, "For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall."
5. Hebrews 6:18, "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:"
6. Matthew 8:26, "And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm."
7. Proverbs 18:10, "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe."
8. Psalm 18:2, "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. "
9. John 10:11, " I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."
10. Psalm 4:8, " I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety."
11. Psalm 71:3, "Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress."
12. Psalm 18:30, " As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him."
13. Psalm 46:11, "The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge."
Isn't is awesome that we have a God who we can trust to protect us even in these perilous times in which we are living?

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

I love your TT--I love Psalms!

MY TT is up--however, it feels a little trivial after reading your excellent posting! However, there is some wisdom--isn't there--in identifying Thirteen Ways you may know you are addicted to blogging!???????

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Nice TT, Heather.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

I'm trying to memorize some of the Psalms verses, I'll have to add these to the list.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Trish Ess said...

Nice TT. :)

Thanks for visiting mine.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I love this TT...it's so refreshing to revisit the promises of God, isn't it??

My TT is up here.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Boy that will build your faith, reading and memorizing those won't it? Awesome!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Loved this TT. It was just what I needed this morning. Thanks!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

This TT must have really taken you a long time to do. I can tell you put a lot of effort into it and it is very uplifting.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Froggie Mama said...

A very insightful T13. I enjoyed it alot! Great verses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home