Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 02, 2006

Blurry Vision

Last Friday I went to get my eyes checked. This is something I hadn't done since high school, and though I knew I needed to go, I'd been putting it off. Well, I've been able to tell that my vision was getting worse, and I have to get my liscense renewed by June 25, so the time had come.
So I made the appointment and went. Well, since it had been so long since my last appointment, they had to dilate my eyes. Not fun. I had to wear sunglasses everywhere (inside and out) just to be able to halfway see. And things were still blurry.
It made me think. See having my eyes dilated was something that was good for me, but it had results I didn't particularly care for. I mean, I like being able to see where I'm going.
But sometimes my walk with God is just like that. God will do something in my life that I don't understand. I won't be able to see the road ahead, and my vision of the future will get a little blurry. But God wants what is best for me. He'll never lead me astray.
So even when things get a little blurry. I have to trust Him. He will fulfill His perfect plans, if I follow His will. (Romans 8:28)
So trust Him today. Even if you can't see what's ahead, He can, and He wants the very best for you.
**UPDATED TO ADD: Yes, I ended up with contacts to those that asked. Apparently I was right in my assessment that my vision wasn't so great!!

5 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger kpjara said...

What a wonderful lesson!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Nice lesson. Thanks, Heather.

I take it your eyes came out okay, too?

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Great lesson, Heather!

So, do you need glasses?

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

How cool that you could see a "God Lesson" in that!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

But you did look cool while you were stumbling around - right? That's what sunglasses are for, after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home