Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wednesday's Word

Well the middle of the week has come, and it's time again for Wednesday's Word. This weeks word is something that has been on my mind lately. The word today is "Lukewarm"

Actual meaning: Lacking conviction or enthusiasm; indifferent

Meaning to me: A Christian who is only willing to stand for Christ when it is convenient to him or her, one who is easily swayed by the things of the world

This word is one that has always been important to me as a Christian. I don't want to be lukewarm. A lukewarm person makes Christ sick (Revelation 3:16), so I want to be on fire for Christ. To be on fire for Christ means that I may not always be popular with the world. After all Jesus said that if they persecuted Him, they would persecute those who stood for Him. (John 15:20)
We ARE to show Christ's love to others. That is clearly taught in God's Word. After all Jesus ate with sinners. He didn't shun them. However, He also didn't condone their sin. When He was asked about His motives, He laid it on the line. He told them why He had come. He came to save the lost. (Matthew 18:11, Luke 19:10) In order to save the lost, He had to tell them that they had to be born again. (John 3)
He didn't hide the truth simply because He was afraid of losing friends.
He called sin what it was. He called a fool a fool. Now Jesus wasn't a hateful, judgemental person. We're talking about our Savior, the one who died for us.
The one we are supposed to pattern our lives after.
So I think that we shouldn't condone sin just to win friends. After all, our churches aren't social clubs, they are places for Christians to fellowship. They are places for us to learn how to win the lost. They are places where we are to repent of the sins in our lives.
You may think I'm being harsh. That isn't my intent, but I'm not ashamed of the Gospel. I'm not ashamed to say that I am a sinner. But I'm a forgiven sinner. A forgiven sinner on the way to heaven. And I'm not to ashamed to say that believing in Christ is the only way to heaven.
He is my Savior. You can either love me or hate me for that statement. But I'm going to stand for Christ because He is the one who died for me!
How about you?

6 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Good thoughts, Heather. Your desire to be on fire for Him shows.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

So true Heather. And I find not becoming lukewarm is a daily decision becuase so many things come our way in this world. Good post!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm just to the right of Lukewarm, honestly. I have a long way to go.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Truth spoken in love.


Thanks, Heather.

I want to hear "Well done." And I don't want to see a roaring, quick burning fire that leaves nothing behind when my works are tested. I want to see a huge pile of treasure I can give to my King.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger kpjara said...

Lukewarm does have a way of creeping up...thanks for the reminder to keep the homefires going!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Yeah -- now that I can FINALLY COMMENT -- excellent post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home