Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday Toss Up - The One About Working

Well, here we go again. It's Tuesday Toss-up time. Take a look at the verses and the chorus below and leave your thoughts about them in the comment section. Short or long. I want to hear from you!

Matthew 9:36-38, "36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest."

My house is full, but my field is empty,
Who will go and work for me today?
It seems my children all want to stay around my table,
But no one wants to work in my field.

Okay, think about these and comment away!

4 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

Oh, I don't think any of that applies to us these days. Just kidding. Remind me not to read your blog on Tuesdays... convicted again!
It means I should get my lazy butt to work serving God instead of wasting away the day online...

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

I know the point is the lost ones.
But I so appreciate His shepherd's heart. To know He knows how stupid I am is a comfort. Especially since He loves me anyway and is patient enough to teach me.

Thanks Lord.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

It says to me that I am unbalanced in my walk with Him. I am very willing to enjoy the benefits of His kingdom but am unwilling to do something that needs work to benefit His kingdom. It also convicts me of the fact that if I'm enjoying His table, why am I not sharing it?

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

It says to me that we live in a very wealthy country with churches on every street corner, where I can preach and share out in public without fear of being truly "persecuted."

It reminds me of countries that aren't as fortunate as ours, and are crying out for answers that their religions just aren't giving them.

It reminds me of friends that are missionaries around the world, and it prompts me to question myself and what I'm willing to do go out and work the fields.

Man. This is hard. Whos idea was Tuesday Toss-up anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home