Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wednesday's Word

I was inspired for today's word on my way to work. I actually saw one. Today's word is "rainbow."

Actual meaning - an arc of colored light in the sky caused by refraction of the sun's rays by rain

Meaning to me - A reflection of God's promises to us that hold true even through the storms of our life

Like I said above, I saw a rainbow this morning. It's colors were clear and beautiful. The most beautiful thing though was that the rain was still falling, but the sun was shining through making this gorgeous rainbow.
See, God is just like that. When he made the promise to Noah, he didn't promise it would never rain again. He promised that the earth would never be destroyed by rain again. I bet every time it started raining after the flood Noah would look up and see that rainbow in the sky, and he was reminded that God was faithful, and God's promises would be kept.
It's just like our lives. There are going to be rainy, stormy days, but if we look, we'll see a rainbow through the pouring rain. A gentle reminder that God is still with us. He will keep His promises to us.
And what are these promises? Here are just a few:

Matthew 28:19-20, " 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

II Chronicles 7:14, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

James 4:10, "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

God has promised to be with us. He's promised to hear us. And He's promised to lift us up. But did you read the first part of those verses? There are things He wants us to do, too. He wants us to follow Him. If we obey Him, we will be blessed by Him.
Noah had to build the ark to be saved from the flood. Had Noah refused to obey God, he would have died with the rest of the wicked.
If we walk away from God's commandments, we won't feel God's presence, and there will be a hindrance in our communication with God.
So follow Him today. The benefits are well worth it!

7 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Thanks for the inspiring post. It'll help me along today.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger kpjara said...

I love rainbows and the promise God gave us, which in turn makes me remember many of His promises!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

What a great post! I am daily stunned by your youthful wisdom!

:) Diane

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

My son and daughter were baptized on the same day.
And God painted a beautiful rainbow. It was so cool.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Hey girl. You can have "H" for Heather. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you, we've been out of town.

Have a fun day!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! What a wonderful post. I love rainbows too... beautiful writing.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, bottes ugg, coach outlet, toms shoes, swarovski, montre pas cher, hollister, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, michael kors handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg boots uk, canada goose, supra shoes, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, doudoune canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, lancel, michael kors outlet online, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs, barbour, moncler, karen millen, links of london, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, moncler, michael kors outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home