Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

He Loves Me for Me

In yesterday's post I talked about peace through the hard times. But God not only offers peace from outside situations. He offers peace with self.
I'm sure all of us have said, "I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish was a little bit smaller. I wish I had a little less junk in the trunk. I wish I was more 'blessed.' I wish I wasn't so blessed. I wish I was more outgoing. I wish I would learn to shut my mouth."
Or something like that. It's easy to be dissatisfied with self. After all everyone on TV looks perfect and so should we, right? Wrong. Most of those people's images have been edited so that they look perfect on TV.
But whether those images are real or not, they set the standard for perfection, and many go to great lengths to reach that standard. And when they fail, they get depressed.
The thing is that God made each and every one of us to look how He wanted us to look. We are all "fearfully and wonderfully made." (Psalm 139:14) God doesn't make mistakes, but many of us constantly whine about how we are made.
I'm guilty. God made me 5'1" with low metabolism (read short and chunky.) But I'm healthy. Seriously, my blood pressure is excellent. My cholesterol is excellent. God has blessed me, though at times I wish I looked differently. He loves me for me.
The thing is that I can't make myself taller (Luke 12:25, "And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?"), and though I can try to lose some weight, it shouldn't be my all-consuming goal.
Christ should be my all-consuming goal (Philippians 3:14). If I keep my focus on Christ, He will give me peace about the rest. I'm not saying it's evil to diet and excercise. I'm trying to do both. But if I focus only on those things, I will never have peace.
Take a look at yourself today. Remember that God made you just the way you are. You were formed by the Creator of the Universe. And He loves you just the way you are!

5 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger kpjara said...

God's love prevails!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

We need this reminder so often. Like Bob and Larry on Veggietales say, "God made you special and He loves you very much."

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl I don't know what else to say to you. You are so awesome. I just love your writing and it's always something I need to hear.

SO glad you're part of my life :)

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you Heather. What a great post and reminder for all of us.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, christian louboutin, louboutin outlet, louboutin, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany and co, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike shoes, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg outlet, ray ban sunglasses, cheap uggs, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home