Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Rejoicing of My Heart

Can you look back at times in your life and say, "I know that God was with me right there."
I sure can. There are countless incidents I know God brought me through. I can't began to count all of the times, but here are a few times that God has been with me.
When I was about 15, I was riding with my friend Melissa. She hit a curve wrong, and we ran off the road. We went back and forth across that road many times. Now it isn't a very busy road, but still there is usually a car or two driving in both directions. That night we were the only car on the road. Melissa was close to hyperventilation (literally), and God allowed me to remain calm for her. Finally the car stopped. Melissa says she doesn't remember stopping the car. (I know who stopped it!) The car turned off and wouldn't start again. My aunt and uncle lived about a mile or so up the road, so we started walking back there. And God sent a lady who let us ride in the back of her truck to their house. Then later on when they went back to check out the car the saw that the car had stopped mere feet from going into a huge lake. God was with us in a mighty way that night.
Then right before I turned sixteen I had to have an emergency appendectomy. It took the doctors a little while to find the problem because my appendix wasn't in the right spot. Want to know why? Because my other organs had strangled my appendix to keep it from rupturing. Who but God could design a body in such an awesome way?
Fast forward to when I was 22. I had to have decompression surgery on my brain. I know that God guided the surgeon's hands through that surgery. I recovered very quickly and could even lift my head and turn my head a bit later that very night. God had heard my prayers and the prayers of my friends and family. He was with me.
Now these are testimonies of times of trouble in my life. But He has also been there through all the good times. God wants us to look back on these times He has been with us and remember.
Psalm 119:111 says this, "Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart."
The testimonies of what God has done for us should be a heritage to us forever. We should tell those around us what He has done so that they can know what an awesome God He is. These testimonies are our reason to rejoice because they are proof that God has been with us. And if He was with us in the past, He will surely be with us now.
What is your testimony? What times can you look back on and say, "I know that God was there!"

4 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Yes, they are truly a heritage of the Lord in our lives. I write things like that down in the front of my bible or a journal. It's so good to read when going through a hard time, how God had been there for me in other times. Builds your faith!

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, we were just talking about stuff like this last night. Looking back and seeing how God was and IS in control of our lives.

Awesome post girl!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Iccle One said...

It's amazing how close God walks with us. I have just been talking to a good friend whose marriage is breaking, and his faith is so evidently keeping him together. Hearing him talk about his day to day struggle, you can see God at work in his life, providing friends to be there for him etc at exactly the point that he needs them without him having to ask.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

I just posted about this very thing.....today. God is so good to faithfully show us his presence!

Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home