Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Out in the Cold

I'm sure that lots of you out there have dogs. In fact I know that some of you do. I've seen pictures on your blogs. My cousin, Tracy, who recently moved in with me has a little Jack Russel terrier named Ellie.
Ellie's really sweet, and she LOVES to be outside. Well, let me rephrase that. MOST of the time she loves it. So long as it isn't raining or really cold. In fact she jumps at the door until you let her outside usually.
Early last week here in NC it was between 65 and 70 degrees. Nice and warm for the end of November, first of December. So, Ellie would go outside and bask in the sunshine. However, we had a cold snap at the end of the week.
Of course, being a dog, Ellie knew nothing of the cold snap, so she ran to the door and jumped up and down to be let outside. Of course as soon as she was out, she realized her mistake. She realized that it was FREEZING out there, and that she had liked it much better inside the nice, warm house.
I realized the other night that I'm just like Ellie sometimes. I live inside of God's will, and things are great, but then something strikes my eye outside of His will, and I jump at the chance to get to it.
Sometimes it's nice for a while. Things seem to go smoothly. Then all of the sudden out of the blue, the wind changes, and I see things for what they really are. And I realize that I never should have left the safety of God's will.
But you know what the great thing is? If I run to God, He takes me back, no questions asked. He loves me that much. And He forgives me even when I don't deserve His forgiveness. He won't leave me out in the cold.
Check out this verse from I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
So if you are "out in the cold" run to Him, and He'll forgive you no matter where you've been!

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

Nice devotion, Heather.

I do have a little comment about jumping lap dogs.

My friend's rat terrier can leap high enough to kiss me on the lips on his way back down.

Nice party trick. Be thankful your's just jumps at the door.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Very comforting.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger batgirl said...

Hi Heather! I've gone running out that door too many times. And guess what? there is NOTHING out there that's better than being in God's will. And yes, He's always welcomed me back with open arms, washed me up, put band-aids on my scratches and hugged me. Praying He'll keep me inside.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Heather the way you see things amazes me! Wonderful parallel you drew!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home