Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Where's Your Treasure?

Christmas was just a few weeks back, but for most kids, the toys they received are distant memories. There are now commercials for new toys, new games, better systems. Something better is always just around the corner it seems. Satisfaction is rarely attained.
Unfortunately kids aren't the only ones living unsatisfied lives. As an adult I too face the monster of discontentment. I long for the satisfaction of owning my own home. I strive for a better paycheck.
Those things aren't necessarily wrong, but they shouldn't be my treasure. Why? Because the things of this earth don't last. Check out these verses from Matthew 6:

19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


An earthly home won't last forever. It could burn to the ground and destroyed. A paycheck isn't something I can build a foundation on because at any time my job could be lost.
Like I said, these things aren't evil, but all of my strength and efforts shouldn't go to building an earthly kingdom. Those things won't last. My efforts should be going to build Christ's kingdom. Winning souls to Him should be my highest desire.
If my focus is on my heavenly home, I won't be disappointed when the plans of this earthly life fall through. Because this earthly life isn't the most important thing.
I'm working on building up heavenly treasure. How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home