Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Knowing Your Place

Have any of you seen the US Postal Service commercial for Christmas? It's a pretty funny little commercial.
See, there's a reindeer that stands in someone's yard, and he starts to talk to a package that has been left sitting on the porch. He says something like, "Hey package, are you lost? This isn't the post office."
The package says, "I know, but the woman is really busy, so she just left me sitting out here."
Then he proceeds to tell about how the mail person will come right to your door to pick up packages if you schedule them online. Just then the mail person gets to the package and picks it up, and the package says, "See?"
And the reindeer says, "That's fine, you go. My place is here...with the snow people."
It's a cute little skit, and I think the Post Office did a pretty good job showing what options they have. But it made me think of something completely different. (Of course, don't you guys know that my mind works differently by now?)
Anyway, it made me think about knowing my place. Not my place to stand, but my place to serve God. See, I want my life to be used of God. And in order to be used by Him, I must constantly be seeking His will. Seeking to be right where He would have me to be.
Check out this verse from Psalm 40:8, "I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."
The psalmist delighted in doing God's will. And did you see that second part? God's law was in his heart. In order to be in God's perfect will, we must store His Word in our hearts.
So, during this Christmas season, as I'm searching to find my place, I'm going to spend a bit more time storing God's Word in my heart. What about you?

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger batgirl said...

I've seen that! So cute. In last week's bullitin, there was the new bible-reading plan, which is a little different. It takes you through the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs TWICE in one year. I'm going to do it. I hadn't memorized Scripture in a long time, but I just learned Mary's song of praise from Luke. What a blessing.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Merry Christmas, Heather. Thanks for all the thoughtful posts in 2006.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home