Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

You Need the Key

Have you ever had one of those "DUH" moments. You know one of those moments where you feel like your brain apparently just stopped working for whatever reason?
I had one of those moments last night. See, I have one key to the house, and Tracy has one key to the house. Yesterday at lunch I loaned my key to my brother-in-law so that he could go to the house and pick up some stuff.
I was going to their house last night for supper, and I was SUPPOSED to pick up the key then. Guess who forgot her key? That's right...moi. This wouldn't have been such a problem if Tracy had been home, but she had a Christmas party last night for her work, so I had no way into my house.
So I had to drive 20 minutes back to my sister's house to get my key. And I was mentally slapping myself in the head the whole time thinking, "Hello, you KNEW you'd need a key!"
My problem was that I'd overlooked the obvious. In my rush to get home, I'd forgotten to insure my way into the house. This problem was resolved easily enough.
Unfortunately many people go through life rushing about, and they never stop and make sure that they have the key to the life beyond. What is that key you might ask?
Salvation through Jesus Christ. He is the ONLY way to heaven. Just as I couldn't get into my house last night without the key, I can't get into heaven without Christ.
Look at this verse from John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
We can't get to the Father in heaven unless we go through the Son. Christ is the key. I've secured my key. What about you?

1 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Margie said...

I got my key!

Great post!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home