Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Joseph's Lullaby

This is a post I originally posted last Christmas season. Things are a little hectic around here, so I figured this song was worth sharing again! God bless you all during this season of celebrating the birth of Christ!

The song "Joseph's Lullaby" is one that touches my heart in a special way. I believe this song off of Mercy Me's Christmas CD will become a standard.
The words are so powerful. I'll just share them all since the songs pretty short:

Go to sleep my son, this manger for your bed
You have a long road before you, rest your little head.
Can you feel the weight of your glory?
Do you understand the price?
Does the father guard your heart for now
So you can sleep tonight?

Go to sleep my son, go and chase your dreams.
This world can wait for one more moment.
Go and sleep in peace

I believe the glory of heaven is lying in my arms tonight
Lord I ask that He for just this moment, simply be my child

Go to sleep my son, baby close your eyes,
Soon enough you'll save the day, but for now, dear child of mine,
Oh, my Jesus, sleep tight.

Have you ever wondered about the baby Jesus? This tiny boy had the weight of the world upon Him. What about Mary and Joseph? They were the parents of the Savior. They knew God's eternal purpose for their child. They knew he wasn't their own.
Think about the Father in Heaven. He sent His son to earth. He knew what would happen to Him. He knew Jesus would be crucified. Yet, He allowed Him to come. He loved us so much that He sent His son.
The miracle of Christmas is in the awesome gift God sent us through His son Jesus. The gift of eternal life. On this holiday remember Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death; but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

8 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

test commetn

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee, it worked! Heather, I've tried to leave comments for 3 days, and it wouldn't let me. Signing in with blogger won't work, but "other" does. Lovely post. God bless.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Scrambled Dregs said...

I love this song. Thanks, Heather

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New take on an old Christmas song
... Coventry Carol ... here

www.myspace.com/agkmusic

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new header!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm glad you posted it again. It was worth reading it a second time.

Love the top of your blog, too, Heather. A nice addition.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

Lovely!
And beautiful new header! :)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Just beautiful Heather!

Bloglines has not been showing you as posting anything new. Took me this long to figure out there actually were posts if I went and checked myself.

Love your new header and the colors!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home